Saturday, October 18, 2008

rice cereal...not too tasty

so laurel had her 4 month well baby visit...here's the update:
15 lb 1oz
25 inches
very healthy and strong
but because she has not yet slept through the night...and, it seems, is waking up demanding food more often she suggested that we give her some cereal before bed. AND...
1. it has not helped at all...
2. she does not enjoy the stuff
but i know it will just take awhile for her to get used to the texture and hopefully when more of it makes it into her little tummy we'll see some progress.
in the meantime, here are some picture of her first taste of the cereal :)

(ps i dont know why that part got underlined and i cannot figure out how to fix it...sorry!)

can you see me making the "mmm" face...does anyone else do this? open and close their own mouth when they are feeding someone else? it's so weird, and i'm caught on camera doing it :)

now, she doesnt look all that messy here...but she has actually gotten much messier with each try. this does not bode well for kevin's clean obsession.

and a couple other random pictures...


yep courtney...i think i'm going to be a fellow redhead!

4 comments:

FLEA said...

Hello Miss Linnea,
this is Elisabeth. I hope you're having a good time and enjoying all the fun with your baby. How is Eli doing? How is Laurel doing? How is Miss Linnea doing? (she's giggling now) How is...um...um....I forgot your husband's name! (giggle) Oh! I know! It's KEVIN! And how is KEVIN? I want to type my own name. (handing keyboard over to Elisabeth...)
elisabeth melms

(Lynn again) Laurel is adorable! We loved all the fall pictures. Oh, and yes, I would say "mmm" and open/shut my mouth when feeding the girls too :) I even have Fred on video doing it when Allison was younger :)

erik and courtney said...

Those last two pictures are so adorable! Why don't I get a redhead!!!?? Maybe I can just live vicariously through you guys. Keep trying the food...it takes a while for them to get used to it.

Anonymous said...

linnea- go ahead and send me your email. i always moderate comments before i decide to publish them or not. (i get random weirdos once in a while!!) cutie pics of miss laurel. and good luck with your house! the projects never seem to end, right?!

Buki Family said...

we missed you last weekend. and Liam still does not sleep thru the night at 8 months... maybe by 12???