Friday, September 24, 2010

Rain fallen, puddles remain

Hello Everyone,
           Several inches of rain have fallen again in Iron River. My prediction is that our winter is going to be very white with much snow.  Life is great for the Johnson family. Linnea and I have three weeks of school tucked under our belts. As for myself I love my position. This year however, many students have asked why I do this job. My new response, I am a disabled Marine with a prostetic leg, and the position is only volunteer. HAHAHA. No disrespect for those who have served and lost a body part.  But the response from the students is classic. They really believe me and always want me to lift up my pant let. As for our daughter, Laurel has adjusted well to playing with her friends at day care.  At this point I personally think she prefers day care. It must be more enjoyable than hanging with mom and dad at home. It's hard to believe that sooner than later our daughter will attend school. Laurel is getting big as you can tell by the pictures. Last weekend we did the worst to her, we had taken away the pacies.  Next on the list is to get her going on the toilet so we can save a buck on diapers. At times I wonder how many total diapers we have used. But do we as parents really want to know that number?
A beautiful fall morning. Laurel and I had a cleaning lesson. We talked about washing and waxing. Different techniques when washing and waxing and finally appropriate products needed to complete the task. She loves to clean... and that makes dad happy. After fresh wax on the truck she took it upon herself to clean her trike.
 Below a classic request...read me a book.  Lately we have had to sing Laurel the ABC's. It helps calm her, after all we did take away all her pacies.
Thats all for the johnsons we are going to try and keep good updates for the winter season. Take care all of you blog stalkers.

No comments: