Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holtz Hausen


This fall I took the opportunity to learn about wood stacking. A friend on mine had given me some literature on stacking wood in a way that would allow it to season in as little as three months. The task... to stack your wood in a circle which intern would help to create a chimney effect. The time... to much. The end result a sweet looking pile of wood, the holtz Hausen. Now I must give a little bit more detail about this pile. If you look at the pile, to your left while looking at the picture you notice the pile is stacked in a nice vertical manor. However on the right you will notice the that side is not so nice. Seems to be a little top heavy you say? It is... just minutes after snapping this shot, part of the pile blew out. A stupid idea this pile design you ask? I to ask the same question as I watched my wood fall to the snow. My initail thought, how to make it better for next year! :)

No comments: